The Eldorado National Forest is seeking qualified applicants to fill temporary full-time (1039) positions for the 2018 season. Vacancy announcements for these positions will be posted to the USAJOBS website January 16, 2018 thru January 22, 2018. Please carefully read each vacancy announcement and make sure you have included/attached all required documents.
The anticipated employment start date for these positions is late April or early May 2018. Length of employment will vary by position and government provided housing or barracks space may be available in some locations.
Apply to any position below in which you are interested and qualified. Please make sure to select all duty locations you would like to be considered for when applying.
Click for Position Information
Pay Scale Info: All positions are paid an hourly rate and will vary by grade. Openings will be available at the GS-3 thru GS-9 grade levels. Pay scale websites for Eldorado County, Amador County and Federal Wage Schedules
Duties: Duties vary depending on the position and a valid driver’s license may be required. Work is usually performed during a 40 hour work week, Monday-Friday, and some positions may require work on weekends. The work can be physically demanding and the incumbent may encounter a variety of weather conditions.
How to apply: Submit your application through the USAJOBSs website.
- Once you have established your USAJOBS profile and on-line resume, the data can be used in all future application submissions although it may need to be updated to match the job requirements.
- It is recommended that applicants complete the on-line resume and attach a document/resume with reference contact information (i.e. email, phone number) included to expedite reference check process.
- Read the entire vacancy announcement carefully and follow all directions in the vacancy announcement.
- Applicants respond to a series of questions to determine Core Eligibility and Minimum Qualifications in an Assessment Questionnaire. Your responses will be evaluated to confirm that you have provided supporting documentation and experience in your resume. Any level of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies (KSACs) claimed in the Assessment Questionnaire must be supported and documented in your resume and attachments.
- Attach any required supporting documents (IQCS Master Record, DD-214 to claim Veterans Preference, Transcripts, etc.) for each job applied to – they are not automatically added to your application from your profile.
- If your application documents are too large (more than 3MB) to upload into USAJOBS, you can convert your documents into a Portable Document Format (PDF) file to reduce the file size.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply on the USAJobs web site where Veterans Preference is applied to eligible applicants. Veterans MUST submit a DD-214 if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
- Please keep in mind that as a temporary employee in federal land management agencies, once you meet certain eligibility requirements you are eligible to compete in vacant permanent positions under internal merit promotion procedures under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA)
If you have any questions regarding the application process, temporary employment with the Forest Service, please contact the individual listed as the point of contact in each outreach notice.